Delta Systems’ ‘Ride-n-Drive’ Events for Leading Outdoor Power Equipment Manufacturers Showcases Next Gen Innovations
- Dec 12, 2017
Through special 1 ½-day “Ride-n-Drive” events in August through October, Delta invited OPE manufacturers and distributors to its Streetsboro headquarters to test-drive its small fleet of “Tech Tractors.”
STREETSBORO, Ohio—Dec. 12, 2017. Delta Systems, a manufacturer of switches, displays and controls for outdoor power equipment (OPE), has unveiled breakthrough innovations to leading manufacturers, showcasing the technologies of tomorrow for commercial and residential mowing equipment, utility vehicles and more.
Through special 1 ½-day “Ride-n-Drive” events in August through October, Delta invited OPE manufacturers and distributors to its Streetsboro headquarters to test-drive its small fleet of “Tech Tractors.” These tractors have been outfitted with Delta’s latest electronic technologies—from advanced displays with backup cameras to next generation power take-off switches that activate the blades beneath the mower deck.
“These events gave our guests the chance to be very hands-on with our innovations, bringing to life what customers can expect from this equipment in the very near future,” said Michelle Specht, Delta Product Marketing Manager.
OPE engineers and top decision makers experienced, first-hand, several exciting Delta technologies, including:
- Advanced Display – A 4.3” touch screen gathers real-time information from UTVs, commercial and residential mowers resulting in enhanced user interface. It’s fully customizable to track battery status, maintenance reminders/alerts, diagnostics and more. Backup Camera – A rearview camera provides better visualization, ensuring the safety of operators, equipment and surroundings.
- Object Detection – Rear object detection warns operators through audible and/or visual distance-based alerts, avoiding back-up collisions or bystander injuries.
- Power Inverter - Portable power outlet for Riding Lawn Equipment (RLE) and Off Road Vehicles (OFV) provides remote and safe electrical power for anything from smart phones to power tools to work lights.
- Push Button Ignition – A push-to-start & -stop ignition simplifies start time, and its sealed design keeps out the elements for better reliability.
- Sealed Universal Power Take-Off (PTO) – Sealed design protects the internal mechanisms of your switch from dust, debris, grass, rain, and other conditions
These show-and-tell events not only help Delta demonstrate the future of the OPE user experience, but they also strengthen Delta’s commitment to its customer partnerships, according to Delta CEO & president, Elizabeth Barry.
“Our customers get to see our facility and meet our engineering and production teams,” Barry said. “Our relationship with our OEM customers is truly a team effort. We work closely with them to develop and finalize our designs to their specifications, allowing us to go to production in half the time.”
Delta’s new product designs will be ready for customer testing in spring 2018, with these products available for OPE manufacturers in fall 2018.
About Delta Systems:
Delta Systems is a designer and manufacturer of switches, displays and electronic controls. We have been partnering with our customers, such as MTD Products, John Deere and Husqvarna Outdoor Products, to provide innovative solutions to the Outdoor Power Equipment industry for more than 40 years. We take pride in our ability to listen to the customer and understand their needs. We then serve their needs with a quality product. Our quality mindset begins in design, continues through testing and customer approval, flowing seamlessly into production and evolves even post delivery.