Delta’s object detection system monitors a specific area behind any type of equipment, detecting objects and providing a warning to the equipment operators when they are approaching an obstacle while in reverse. These systems assist the driver in avoiding back-up collisions or bystanders.
Our Ultrasonic Time-of-Flight (TOF) Object Detection sensor module uses a rear-facing sensor that detects things through sound waves. Our sensor will detect objects between 1 ft to 10 ft.
The onboard Microcontroller is also used to control two LEDs and a Buzzer output to provide a Visual and/or Audible alarm and warning system based on the measured distance. This solution can also be used with Delta’s controllers and integrated with an Advanced Display, using PWM output or serial communication.
An enclosed design allows for various mounting methods and locations on an outdoor equipment and industrial applications where dirty environments are a factor.
- Alerts can be audible and/or visual
- Detection and range based on Ultrasonic Sensing
- Up to 10 feet Range, +/-50 Horizontal; +/-30
- Rear mounting or front mounting option
- Operating Voltage Range: 9.0V to 16.0V DC
- Reverse Polarity Protection: Yes
- Short Circuit Protection: Yes
- Operating Current: Typical usage 50mA
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 °C to 85 °C
- Humidity: 95% RH
- IP67 environmental rating for the harshest of environmental conditions
Markets & Applications
- Outdoor Power
- Construction Equipment
- Agricultural and Farm Machinery
- Power Sport Vehicles
- Material Handling